The automotive and other industries around the globe are facing production challenges due to a shortage of semiconductors.
The automotive and other industries around / about the globe are facing production challenges duly / due to a shortage of semiconductors. A global semiconductor shortage has cased / caused car giant General Motors to halt production at all / whole but four of its plants in North America. GM owns a number of popular car brands, inclusive / including Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC. A GM spokesperson told the Detroit Free Press news agency that the company is focused on / in trying to resolve its supply-chain difficulties. He said: “However / Although the situation remains complex and very fluid, we remain confidence / confident in our team’s ability to continue finding creative solutions to minimize the impact on / in our highest-demand and capacity-constrained vehicles / vehicle.“
Semiconductors are the / an indispensable part of many of the gadgets and electrical products we use on / in our everyday lives. Sony, Toyota, Ford and other / another multinational companies are reporting production pitches / hitches due to the current dearth in supply. One reason of / for the shortage is the COVID-19 pandemic. Staff shortages in factories that manufacture the chips in China, South Korea and Taiwan have negatively / negated hit production. The website engadget.com said companies would experiential / experience challenges for the foreseeable future. It reported: “With the shortages expected of / to continue until at least 2023, and no immediate solutions / solves forthcoming, GM likely won’t be the last company to change its production / reproduction schedule.”
- How many of GM’s plants are still producing cars?
- What three car brands does the article say GM owns?
- What did a spokesperson say GM is trying to resolve?
- In what state did a spokesman say the situation remains?
- What did the spokesman say GM was trying to minimize?
- What does the article say semiconductors are indispensable to?
- What other three companies does the article say are affected?
- What is one reason the article gives for the shortage?
- What did a website say companies would experience in the future?
- Until when did a website say shortages would continue?
- Only industries in the USA are experiencing semiconductor shortages.
- General Motors has closed four of its plants in North America.
- GM is trying to sort out its supply-chain problems.
- GM is confident it can minimize the impact of the shortages.
- Sony and Toyota have more semiconductors than they need.
- The article says COVID-19 is partly responsible for the shortages.
- A website said shortages would continue through to 2023.
- GM is the last company to change its production schedule.
- Microwave oven
- Game console
- Smart watch
|Industry||Importance to you||Life without x industry? (+/-)|
- What do you know about semiconductors?
- What are semiconductors needed for in cars?
- What would happen if the supply of semiconductors dried up?
- Should there be fewer vehicles on the road?
- How might a chip shortage affect your life?
- Are we too reliant on technology?